Through Family and Consumer Sciences programs, such as Family Strengthening and Workforce Development Education and Support services are provided to families in the general population, as well as those referred by agencies such as Department of Social Services, CHIP of Greater Richmond, Richmond Public Schools, and Greater Richmond SCAN/FAM. Moreover, support services are offered to grandparents who are raising their grandchildren.
Workshops for Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority Residents
- Financial Sessions
- On the following Thursdays at 10:00
- 2/28, 3/21, 4/25, 5/16, 6/20, 7/18, 8/29, 9/26, 10/24, 11/21 and 12/12
- Renter's Education
- The rental process, responsibilities of tenant and landlord, credit and spending plan (budget), becoming a market rate renter and preparing to ultimately become a homebuyer
On the following Tuesdays at 10:00
2/26, 3/26, 4/30, 5/21, 6/25, 7/30, 8/27, 9/24, 10/29, 11/26 and 12/10
Good Housekeeping Skills
* Helps with allergens
* keeps away pests
* teaches children responsibility
* helps to take pride in your home
* helps to eliminate clutter
* It is a reflection of YOU!
offered at 10:00 on the following dates: Thursday, March 14th, Thursday, June 13th and Thursday September 12th
All classes offered at the Calhoun Community Center, 436 Calhoun Street. Call 804-786-4866 to register
Engaging with Communities
Virginia Cooperative Extension specialists in community viability work with Extension agents, campus-based faculty, organizational partners, communities, and individuals to further opportunity and build capacity in five program areas:
- Leadership & Planning
- Community Enterprise and Resiliency
- Community Food System and Enterprises
- Community Planning
- Emerging Community Issues
Examples of our work include training county elected officials, educating entrepreneurs, facilitating collaborative projects, supporting the growth of community food systems and local economies, enhancing agent skills and community capacity in facilitation and leadership, conducting problem-driven research, and creating publications and tools that address critical community needs.
Do you have a question about Community Viability?
Perhaps one of the Community Viability specialists below can help you. Contact a Community Viability specialist or direct a question to them using our Ask an Expert system.